1. Vladimir Biočanin, Stomatoloski fakultet, Pančevo, Serbia
2. Nemanja Vuković, Department of Oral surgery, Faculty of Stomatology, Pančevo, Serbia
3. Djorđe Antonijević, Department of histology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Belgrade, Serbia
4. Dušan Đurić, Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Kragujevac, Serbia, Serbia
5. Mirjana Duspara, JZNU Dom zdravlja Tuzla, Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina , Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Vukoman Jokanović, University of Belgrade, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Serbia, Serbia
Objectives: The aim of this study was to compare compression strength of commercial dental cements (MTA, Portland cement) used for retrograde root canal obturation with experimental calcium-aluminate cements.
Method: Compression strength of materials was performed using a tensile testing machine (Shimadzu AGS-X), capacity 100kN. For this purpose, the tested materials were cast in the form of 10 cylinders (length 6 mm, diameter 4 mm) in specially designed Teflon molds. Samples were immersed for a period of 30 days in phosphate buffered solution (PBS). The measurements were performed at the time of sample cracks, 24 h after sampling from the PBS solution.
MTA, Portland cement and calcium-aluminate cement with added strontium-fluoride showed similar values of compression strength (32.65 MPa, 28.01MPa, 25.52MPa, respectively), without statistically significant differences between them (One-Way ANOVA: Post hoc-Scheffe test; p >0.05). Pure calcium-aluminate showed the highest value of compressive strength (59.61MPa) (statistically significant difference compared to all other examined groups, p<0.05).
Conclusion: Compression strength is an indicator of the bonding reaction as well as the stability of the material. The compressive strength of pure calcium-aluminate cement showed a significantly higher value compared to all other tested groups including MTA, (One-Way ANOVA: Post hoc-Scheffe test; p <0.05), which is a significant advantage over other surveyed cements.
Ključne rečitestttt :
SIMPOZIJUM B - Biomaterijali i nanomedicina