1. Predrag Živković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
2. Mladen Tomić, The School of Higher Technical Professional Education, Serbia
3. Dušan Petković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering University of Niš , Serbia
4. Ivan Ciric, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
5. Mirko Dobranjac, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Banja Luka, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. Velimir Stefanovic, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
7. Zana Stevanović, University of Belgrade, Vinča Institute of Nuclear Sciences, Serbia, Serbia
Obtaining of all acceptable locations is one of the main tasks for siting of wind turbines. The main goal of this paper was to estimate wind potentials in Vlasina region, mainly on Strešer and Besna Kobila mountains. Finally, 231 locations are accepted, which covers the most of the area of the south of Vlasina lake, until the borders with FYR Macedonia and Bulgaria, respectively. The estimations were obtained using the WAsP simulation software. Final results are compared by means of the quality and quantity of the wind data and capacity factor. Finally, the economical analysis of the acceptabillity of the installing of wind turbines was done.