1. Mladen Tomić, The School of Higher Technical Professional Education, Niš, Serbia
2. Predrag Živković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
3. Mića Vukić , Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
4. Mirko Dobrnjac, Mašinski fakultet Univerziteta u Banjoj Luci, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5. Dragana Dimitrijević, Faculty of of Mechanical Engineering, Serbia
The need for compact heat exchangers has led to the development of many types of surfaces that enhance the rate of heat transfer, among them and perforated plate heat exchangers. The perforated plate heat exchangers consist of a series of perforated plates, that are separated by a series of spacers. The present study investigates the local heat transfer characteristics of flow through a perforated plate with 2 mm in diameter, hole length to diameter ratio of 1 and porosity of 25.6%. For the determination of the local heat transfer, numerical simulations were performed. Reynolds numbers based on the perforated plate pitch were in the range from 80 to 300. The results of average Nusselt number prediction were compared with the related experimental correlations. The experimental results agreed on qualitatively with the results obtained using a CFD.
local heat transfer; perforated plate; CFD
Energy and Thermal Engineering