1. Zorana Stamenkovic, Stomatoloski fakultet u Beogradu, Serbia
2. Nenad Nedeljković, Clinic of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Belgrade, Serbia
3. Vladan Mirjanić, Medicinski fakultet, Odsjek Stomatologija, Univerzitet u Banja Luci, Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4. Nemanja Marinkovic, Stomatoloski fakultet u Beogradu, Serbia
5. Ivan Arsic, Stomatoloski fakultet u Beogradu, Serbia
6. Vanja Stojic, Stomatoloski fakultet u Beogradu, Serbia
AIM: The aim of this study was to show the efficiency of fixed appliances in the treatment of crowding in the patient with permanent dentition.
MATHERIAL AND METHOD: The girl at the age of 13 years with completed permanent dentition was treated in this case. The patient had bimaxillary retrognathism in skeletal Class I (ANB angle 4°), dental Class II, backward facial rotation (Bjork`s polygon 401°), increasing value of SpP/MP angle (28°) and moderate crowding in the upper and lower jaw (5mm). The plan of treatment was the extraction of both upper first premolars using upper and lower fixed appliances.
RESULTS AND CONCLUSION: Treatment with fixed appliances lasted 25 months. At the end of treatment, the patient had stable occlusion in Class I on canines and Class II on first molars. Before treatment overjet and overbite were 7mm and 2mm, while after treatment both parameters were 2.5mm.