1. Sadoon Ayed, Univerzitet u Nišu, Mašinski fakultet, Serbia
2. Milos Jovanovic, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
3. Gradimir Ilić, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
4. Predrag Živković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
5. Mladen Tomić, The School of Higher Technical Professional Education, Niš, Serbia
In this paper the direct numerical simulation of the full Navier-Stokes equation in vorticity-stream function form for the case of an inclined fluid layer with temperature modulation on the upper plate is presented. The fluid flows between parallel plates which are inclined with some angle α in respect to the horizontal plane. The lower side of the viscous fluid layer is constant temperature surface.
Since the temperature of the upper plate is higher than the lower plate, Rayleigh-Benard convection appears mostly in the upper zone. We investigate the stability of this convection for water as a working fluid. The results of direct numerical simulation are presented as fields of temperature, vorticty, stream function and velocity.
This paper is concerned by the National Program of Energy Efficiency, project number: III42008, funded by the Government of Republic of Serbia.
Energy and Thermal Engineering