1. Predrag Živković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Niš , Serbia
2. Mirjana Laković, University of Nis, Faculty of Mechanicla Engineering, Serbia
3. Dušan Petković, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering University of Niš , Serbia
4. Dragana Dimitrijević, Faculty of of Mechanical Engineering, Serbia
5. Milica Jović, Faculty of Mechanical Engeneering , Serbia
Obtaining of all acceptable locations is one of the main tasks for siting of wind turbines. However, economical factors are usually very limiting. One of the possibilities to increase the rentability of the wind farm is to reduce the transport loses, as well as the initial investment, by using produced energy as close to the production site as possible. This paper focuses on the possibilities of northern part of the Balkan mountain wind potentials usage in the nearby city of Zaječar. The estimations were obtained using the WAsP simulation software. The results are compared by means of the quality and quantity of the wind data and capacity factor. Finally, the economical analysis of the acceptability of the installing of wind turbines was done.
This paper is concerned by the National Program of Energy Efficiency, project number: TR33036, funded by the Government of Republic of Serbia
Energetics and Thermal Engineering